Supermarket shopping can feel like a mundane everyday task. But, it can be more dangerous than you may realize. Supermarkets actually see a large number of accidents, some of which can be extremely serious. If you or a loved one has been injured in a supermarket accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Read on to learn more about supermarket accidents in Maryland and what you should do in the event of an injury.
Common Causes of Supermarket Accidents:
Some of the most common causes of supermarket accidents include:
- Outdoor elements
- Unsafe parking lot conditions
- Falling products
- Unattended items on the floor
- Debris that has been left unattended
What Can I Recover Compensation For?
An injury can take a serious toll, financially, physically, and emotionally. As a result, you may be able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
How Can I Recover Compensation?
If you are injured, you will want to take the following steps:
- Document the accident. Take photos and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident.
- Seek medical attention. Visit the hospital, your doctor, or an urgent care facility to make sure your injuries are cared for. Don’t forget to ask for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Notify the manager. Make sure that the supermarket manager files a report, and obtain a copy of this report if possible.
- Obtain witness information. If any bystanders saw your accident occur, gather their contact information as they may be able to give witness testimonies.
- Contact a skilled personal injury attorney. It can be difficult to prove negligence in a personal injury case, so you will want an experienced attorney on your side.
How Long do I Have to File a Claim?
When recovering from a serious injury, beginning the legal process may be the last thing on your mind. But, it is important that you do not wait too long. You will have to make sure that you file your personal injury claim on time. This deadline is known as a statute of limitations. In Maryland, the statute of limitations is generally three years for a personal injury claim. This means that if you fail to file within three years of the date of your accident, you will most likely lose your opportunity to recover compensation. To avoid missing any important deadlines, contact an experienced personal injury attorney today.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a supermarket accident in Maryland, contact our firm today to speak with a dedicated attorney.
Contact our Firm
If you have been injured as a result of a personal injury accident and wish to speak with an attorney, contact Ruben Law Firm today.